I noticed this post http://www.jetfly.no/flash/archives/000032.html from Jens K.
and my synapses crackled to life and a couple of them made a connection.. and I remembered that a while back I did a Central app that allows you to load a SWF and view the names of all the variables/objects (even ones created dynamically at run time) and check their names for case mis-matches. If two are spelled the same but have different case (like myVariable and myvariable) then it tells you. So you just pick a SWF and load it.. and it tells you if there are any case sensitivity conflicts.
Unfortunately I can’t release it or the code.. but I can say that it does work..
After doing it I had the thought that it probably could have been done in JSFL for the Flash IDE.. and then I thought.. this would make a good feature to add to 8ball since a bunch of people are going to be moving projects from Flash 6 to Flash 8 and will most likely want to find instances of case mis-match.